Top of Page

Financial Aid @ Hawai'i CC


The IRS and the Department of Education Office of Federal Student Aid announced that the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on both and will be unavailable indefinitely while they work to add additional security protections.  

Students and parents completing a 2016-17 and 2017-18 FAFSA will need to manually enter their 2015 tax information.

For further details, please see the March 30, 2017 IRS and FSA Statement or contact the Financial Aid Office.


Aloha and Welcome

Our mission is to assist current and prospective Hawaii Community College students in funding their educational goals through quality customer service and efficient, timely and accurate processing in accordance with Federal, State, University of Hawaii System and Institutional regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.

Important: To access your Financial Aid information over the phone, in-person without an ID, or to authorize your FA information be released to individuals besides yourself (e.g. parents, spouse, etc), it is required that you fill out thAuthorization Disclosure Release Form and create a security password.

For Aid Year 2016-2017 or 2017-2018, Peer Advisers are now available to help you complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (also known as FAFSA). To make an appointment contact (808) 934-2712.  For information on what to bring to your appointment, please see the Peer Advising Guide and Checklist 1617 or Peer Advising Guide and Checklist 1718.  

**In order to apply for Financial Aid an FSA ID must be created prior to your appointment. To create an FSA ID please visit**




To attend the above FAFSA Workshops Contact Chelsie or Sheena at the FAO Office, or Sign-Up here online.


  • Student Loans: For loan application deadlines please see our Student Loans page

  • Importance of MyUH:

    Please make sure you check your MyUH portal. Most Financial Aid related information can be found in your portal. Information such as:

    Academic Progress: SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) Status, Award information and Status, Required Documents after you file your FAFSA. or other requirements, and Financial Aid Holds.

  • Hawaii Community College school code: 005258.

  • Federal Student Aid on Twitter :

    Federal Student Aid is now on Twitter! If you have questions about the FAFSA, submit them on Twitter using the hashtag #AskFAFSA. Make sure you follow @FAFSA and tune in to Office Hours on Twitter to see if your question gets answered!

  • Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy :

    Federal regulations on Satisfactory Academic Progress policy changed effective July 1, 2016. These updates could affect your financial aid eligibility. Read the new policy to stay up-to-date with the new policies and procedures and how they affect you.

    PDF Document  SAP Policy (PDF)

Federal Student Aid

Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education, ensures that all eligible individuals can benefit from federally funded financial assistance for education beyond high school.

Check your UH email for notifications from the Financial Aid Office and use the MyUH Portal to contact the office about status changes and to view your award information.

Financial Aid Process

Awards from financial aid programs are administered according to the laws and guidelines governing those programs. Priority is given to students whose complete application is received by the March 1 priority date. Applications that are not accurate and complete prior to the student’s last day of enrollment or thirty days prior to the close of the spring semester, whichever comes first, will not be processed. Summer applications will be available the first week of May. Contact the Financial Aid Office as other deadlines may apply to your situation.

Types of Aid

Funds awarded to students based on their financial need. It is also called “gift aid”. These awards generally do not need to be repaid.

Funds awarded to students based on either financial need, declared major, interests, grades, background and many other factors.

Money borrowed from the federal government that MUST be repaid once the student ceases to attend school or drops below half-time (6 credit hours) enrollment.

Student Employment
This is federal or state funding for on-campus and off-campus part-time employment for students enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours).