Library/Learning Center Info
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 7:45am - 4:30pm
- Closed Sat., Sun. & State Holidays
- Library and Learning Center Phone: (808) 969-8830
- Fax: (808) 322-4859
Available Facility Resources
Computer Workstations: For current students, faculty and staff to complete course related assignments and research.
Printing (course related work)
Photocopier: 10 cents per page
VCR and DVD players (course assignments)
Kurzweil ADA Workstation
Library/Learning Center Staff
Library & Learning Center
Information Access and Resources
- Books, Videos & DVD
- Library Orientations
- Information Research Basics
- Intra-system Loans
- Math and Writing Tutoring
- MyUH Portal Assistance
- Placement Testing (COMPASS)
- Test Proctoring
- Tutorial Software
- Word Processing
Books, Videos & DVDs:
- Use the Voyager online catalog to find out what is available on our shelves or throughout the entire UH library system .
- Articles and books in an electronic format. To access the E-collection from off-campus you will need to use your UH ID number. Here are a few good starting places:
- Academic Search Premier: individual articles from over 4.600 periodical subscriptions.
- CQ Researcher: in-depth reports on current and controversial issues.
- Ebrary: online access to more than 32,000 books on a variety of topics.
- Are you a upper-division student? Check your home campus library website for more electronic resources.
Other Learning Resources and Services
- Library Orientations: introduction to the Library & Learning Center resources.
- Information Research Basics: how to find an article, book, or web site for a class assignment.
- Intra-system Loans: delivery of books and articles from other UH system libraries.
- Math and Writing Tutoring: Check with staff for the current tutoring schedule. While appointments are encouraged, drop-ins are welcome.
- Placement Testing:
- COMPASS testing is offered for placement into community college English and math courses. The test is offered at 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., Monday through Friday on a first come, first served basis. You must bring photo ID and have a UH system student ID number in order to take the test. Call Alysia Downs or Karen Au, (808) 969-8830 for more information.
- For COMPASS test preparation, go to the following websites:
- Test Proctoring:
- The Learning Center staff can proctor tests for all UH system colleges and universities. Please call (808) 969-8830 to schedule a test.
- Make-up and waiver tests for Center classes.
- Distance Education Online courses.
- For UH system ITV and video conference courses offered at the Center, please contact Media Services: firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call 969-8827 for test proctoring during a live class period.
- MyUH Portal Assistance: Access and assistance in setting up UH ID user accounts.
- Word Processing: help using a computer for the first time to write papers.