Ad Hoc Budget Committee Resolution 11.30.07
Committee presented proposed recommendations which were discussed and formed into a resolution.
Whereas, the Ad Hoc Budget Review Committee of the Academic Senate was tasked in Fall, 2006 to determine the need for the Senate’s role in the campus budget process; and
Whereas, the Ad Hoc Budget Committee conducted a survey of Senators in October, 2007; and
Whereas, the Ad Hoc Budget Committee has presented results of the survey and has made recommendations on November 30, 2007;
Now, therefore be it resolved that the Academic Senate;
1. Request the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor of Administrative Affairs give
an annual presentation on the HawCC budget; and
2. Request a process be established by the administration and the Academic
Senate that will involve the Academic Senate in the Budget Review process;
3. Arrange for workshops that will provide assistance in understanding and
developing the budget; and
4. Accept the report of the Ad Hoc Committee with these revised
5. Disband the Ad Hoc Budget Committee.