Vice Chancellor for
The Office of the Administrative Affairs provides for the various administrative support services and activities of the College which generally include personnel, administrative management, budget and fiscal services, and operations and maintenance. This operation:
- Insures the College operates within Federal and State statutes, established policies and procedures of the University of Hawaiʻi, and educates the campus community of applicable policies, guidelines, procedures, forms, and alternatives available in accomplishing tasks.
- Reviews and assists in the preparation of the College's long and short term educational plans, accreditation self-studies, program reviews, special studies, etc.; makes corrections and recommendations for improvement; prepares and implements the short and long range plans for the Business Office and the Operations and Maintenance Programs, in coordination with the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
- Performs and/or participates in special studies of interest or concern; making recommendations, offering alternatives, correcting problems, discussing the facts, etc., as appropriate.
- Monitors all aspects of the activities of extramurally-funded projects including critically reviewing the proposal, ensuring the activities can be performed with available resources and time frame, monitoring progress, and following-up on reporting requirements.
- Responds to requests for information, especially from UH system wide offices, State agencies, and legislators.
- Coordinates the budgeting for the College, including the biennium budget requests, six-year operating budget plan, the Capital Improvements Program (CIP), and the Special Repairs and Maintenance Programs in coordination with the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
- Works with University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo to see that proper maintenance and care of all physical facilities and properties of the College are performed, including adequate security of the premises; prepares short and long range plans and implements them within the resources available.
Hawaiʻi Community College