Hale Kea proctors tests for UH system distance education classes and tests for non–UH system schools and private organizations.
For more information about UH Distance Education at Hawaiʻi CC, click here.
For more information about Non-UH system and private organization tests, click here.
UH SYSTEM TESTS
As a service to the University of Hawaiʻi community, Hale Kea proctors tests for students taking distance education classes from any of the ten University of Hawaiʻi campuses.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. (Tests must be completed by 4:15 p.m.)
(appointments strongly recommended)
Information for Students
- Discuss testing details (i.e. approved items, testing window) with your instructor.
- Call Hale Kea at 934-2540 to schedule an appointment (walk–ins may not always be accommodated).
- You must present a photo ID every time you take a test.
- You must abide by Hawai‘i CC Student Conduct regulations (see general catalog for more info) and sign a Proctored Distance Education Testing Rules form prior to taking your first proctored test each semester.
- Your instructor will inform us of equipment/materials you can use during the test. No exceptions will be made. All other personal belongings (books, wallets, bags, purses, cell phones, etc.) will be secured in a locked cabinet during the test.
- Be on time for your test. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you can take the test only if it is allowable according to the Test Instructions Form AND the Center is able to accommodate you. If you arrive late, and as a result the test will extend past Center hours, you can still take the test if the Center is able to accommodate you, AND you agree to a reduced testing time (end the test at 4:15) by signing a Reduced Test Time Waiver form.
- You cannot take a test BEFORE or AFTER the specified dates given unless the instructor contacts the testing center. It is your responsibility to contact the instructor for permission to take the test outside of the testing window.
- Hale Kea does not provide materials/supplies needed for exams (i.e., calculator, dictionary). It is your responsibility to bring what you need to take the test.
Information for Faculty
- Discuss testing details (i.e., approved items, testing window) with your students.
- Remind your students they should call Hale Kea to schedule appointments.
- Complete the Administration of Test Instructions Form. This form can be accessed at: http://www.hawaii.edu/dl/faculty/prep/proctoringprocedures.html
- Submit the completed test instructions form, a list of students allowed to take the test, and the tests to Hale Kea via fax (808–934–2541) or email at least five business days prior to the start of the testing window.
- Tests will NOT be administered BEFORE or AFTER the specified dates on the instructions form unless you contact Hale Kea.
- Hale Kea will not provide materials/supplies needed for taking exams (i.e., paper, calculator). It is the student’s responsibility to bring what is needed to take the exam.
- Changes or corrections to exams will NOT be made by HKATC. If you need to make changes, you will need to submit revised tests.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Hale Kea proctors tests from non-UH schools and private organizations as a community service for a fee. This non–refundable/non-transferable fee is $25.00 per proctored hour, and any fraction thereof (i.e., 1 hour = $25.00, 1 hour 15 minutes = $50.00).
Proctoring services are contingent upon the availability of staff and facilities, and Hale Kea reserves the right to deny this service at the discretion of the Center staff (i.e., proctoring request is deemed unreasonable in its demands, is too complex to administer, or is requested for a time that cannot be accommodated).
Contact Hale Kea at 934-2540 to discuss testing and to get a Request for Proctoring Services form.